Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Close calls and some asides

Feeling like this today.....very strange day it has been indeed. This morning had to go for an appointment to Vile Parle and this is what happened...Wadala, I look at the rising sun and feel happy about life. Two minutes later, the happiness disintegrated. The train rolled to a stop and people started saying someone must have died etcetc..I had been in sitn before but no one had fucking died....well life is shitty enough I guess..

This 30 yr old dude (how the fuck did the guard know tht man??) had gone to shit and fucking died on the tracks ...two trains before ours had knocked him down...women in the train fell all over themselves to check out the body...wot morbid fascination we have with death!

Of course, it is bound to happen that the moment I get out of the train, I see the dead body being taken out. I refused to look and only saw the dead man's leg had been completely ripped off leaving behind only half a stump..the image has stayed in my head...

If this morning was not bad enough, this evening..I get the pyscho rickshaw driver. He was driving fast which was ok, I am used to that..Didnt like the way he was dng corners but said nothing..then the chut decides to take this corner and fucking shoots in front of a car...I mean I almost died...[nothing flashed in front of my eyes] and I yelled at the dude! He then proceeded to run into a 2 foot hole in the road (not a pothole but an actual hole) and I felt the rick go down and thought, boss chalo end of time has happened. We r gng to topple and my kingdom will be come hone wala hai...

He managed to right himself and I gave him such a tongue lashin. I was shit scared but after that he drove more sedately, hallelujah to that..had to sit in the contraption for a few minutes more and then we were done! Took bus and was still shaken with experience....total chamaat giri day has been...

Some asides: Read 'The Siege of Mithila' by Ashok Banker- Book Two in the series. It sounded like LOTR...I read it and thought LOTR man...total rip off it is...he has managed to humanize the character but boss when Sita starts saying, "The Seven have started walking as One. Its a fight between the Lord of Light and Lord of Darkness until one survives" and I start thinking...henh mins sounds familiar types.....:P

I went to Hard Rock Cafe this Sat and had a blast. Awesome music, nice decor, reasonable booze and just good ole fun was had by me in the company of friends, quite the niceness it was....People asked me if it was first time there and if I had been to others. Hmm..never..and I would love to see how the others are if this one was so good...

2 comments:

Akshay V said...

I have never seen someone die on the tracks so far and I am not too keen to see that also. I saw a video where one man gets stuck to the overhead wire and you know what happens next. Regarding fast drivers.. I had a narrow escape a couple of weeks back in a similar situation. Btw dont think about it too much.

Hard Rock Cafe!!! Tell me about it in more details.. I have been to one in NYC, Washington DC and Baltimore. I liked NYC the best so far. I heard London is even better, but I want to go there. Some have even said Mumbai is also awesome.

Anonymous said...

Banker's earlier book was also a rip off.

Hard Rock in Niagara is pretty nice, the best chicken fajitas in the world -sour cream, lettuce, onions, parmesan, chicken done up almost perfect and nice tortillas - heaven.