This year has been a strange good year. I started out ever so randomly but sure that I would be quitting my job. Hit Goa in the first month itself - so happy that trip made me. Got a new job that gave me the flexibility to spend time in the house and bond with the family. Conversely, these are the last few months in my city for me too. I will be moving home and hearth come November and that is a move I am totally looking forward to - an apartment with a view is what 'we' have been dreaming about and hope that really really works out.
I lost a friend, figuratively and literally. I didn't know when the year started that this was written for me in 2010. It hurt. I lived through it. I moved on. Losing someone who is the same age as you makes you more than aware of your own mortality.
It makes you realise that life is too short and you gotta do everything that you have ever dreamed of doing - take risks, plunge into ravines of self-doubt and make sure you climb
Some things left to do for 2010:
- Get married :D
- Jumpstart my own house which fills me with trepidation and excitement
- Do bungee jumping
- Travel more (of course)
- Catch up with friends - the sense of urgency I feel is greater now
- Get back to writing and photography (both have been sorely neglected)
- Get a new tattoo and I even know what I want to get - question is will I do it before my wedding and face the wrath of all the South Indian mamis of the world :D
- Leave family and friends behind in India (who will be sorely missed) but in today's connected world you can hardly call it leaving behind